School Librarian - #243102
Hays Specialist Recruitment Limited
School Librarian - Barnet - £9,060 actual salary
Permanent, term time only. Part time 19 hours per week
Your new school
Hasmonean Multi-Academy Trust is a centre of academic excellence in North West London. The performance of the two schools in the Trust put them amongst the very top comprehensives in the country. Our students attain consistently high standards in their GCSE and A Level examinations. The vast majority of our students go on to study at University with a number being accepted at Oxbridge and medical school each year. The highest expectations are shared by students, staff and parents. The trust consists of a separate Boys' and Girls' school which share a common staff.
Your new role
We are looking to appoint two people with excellent literacy and communication skills as well as initiative, flexibility and the ability to build rapport with the students at Hasmonean Boys' and Hasmonean Girls' schools and to run the school Library at each site. These positions have been vacant for two years and the successful candidates will be responsible for building up library use again in conjunction with the English department.
What you'll need to succeed
- GCSE Maths and English grade C or above (or equivalent)
- Excellent IT skills, experience in using a computerised library system
- knowledge of how to apply skills and knowledge in a school library environment
- A confident but welcoming manner when dealing with library users of all kinds
What you'll get in return
- Top performing comprehensive
- Excellent value added and progress 8 scores
- Supportive and committed parents and governors
- Genuine family atmosphere across MAT
- Strong value system
- Every child is known and valued across both academic and pastoral teams
- Diverse and friendly staff body
- Supportive atmosphere for everyone, both staff and students
- A nursery on site for staff
What you need to do now
For more information and to apply, in the first instance please contact Brett Coventry on / or email
We reserve the right to close this vacancy early. All candidates are advised to refer to the job description and person specification before making an application.
The appointment is subject to an enhanced DBS clearance. The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.