Senior Implementation Manager - HEATHROW - #243093
Senior Implementation Manager - HEATHROW
We have an urgent requirement for a Senior Implementation Manager to join our client who are a prestigious global IT Consultancy. This will be on a 6 month contract, based in Heathrow and Inside IR35.
This role is for a Senior Implementation Manager to work on the Heathrow Airport Technology Delivery Partner (TDP) Project. The role will be based at Heathrow Airport 5 days a week. The candidate will be responsible for manging and delivering the implementation plan on various IT projects across the campus. In particular. detailed knowledge of installing cabling, physical infrastructure and active network equipment, internally and externally. The project is involved in large-scale construction work at the airport and adherence to relevant Health and Safety requirements is paramount.
- Technical Capability. Works within a team as a noted expert with a wide range of systems or in-depth product knowledge without supervision helping to define and implement technical best practice. Ensures effective planning and implementation of creative and innovative service changes.
- Process. Contributes to the definition of operational processes, (both internal and external) and dealing with customer escalated problems.
- Service Level. Manages systems within Service Level Agreements, proposing, defining improvements and implementing changes to meet service level requirements. Monitors performance through statistical reporting and analysis.
- Project Work. Leads technical implementation of medium complexity infrastructures and technical designs including producing cost and timescale estimates and identifying risks. On larger projects works within a technical framework of the project to meet customer requirements.
- Customer Relations. Establishes working relationships with the customer and relevant operational units, at the appropriate technical and/or management level, to understand the requirements of the customer's business in order to deliver and enhance the service.
- Problem Solving. Takes ownership for obtaining the information required to diagnose and resolve more complex problems. Engages with third parties to jointly resolve in-depth product issues where necessary. Proactively analyzes information and trends, proposing action to resolve problems, maintain and enhance service.
- Team Working. Takes a technical lead, promoting knowledge sharing and development of other team members both inside and outside of the group. May act as a team manager as necessary.
- Business Awareness. Proactively contributes both technically and commercially to identify and win new business. Understands the requirements of the customer's business, the scope of the contract and knows how issues impact the delivery of service.
- Professional Development. Stays up to date with new products, tools and techniques, encouraging their use within the business to promote continuous improvement of capability.
- Typical Hours (M-F):
Night Shift 8pm to 4am, on an occasional basis some works may be Day shift (8am - 4pm) :flexibility required
- Confined Space Training
- Asbestos Awareness
- Manual Handling / Ladder Safety
- First Aid
- Airside Driving (HAL)
- ESR1 (HAL)
- Heathrow Rail Fire Awareness (HAL)
- Has a clear knowledge and experience of delivering IT infrastructure projects within challenging operational environments.
- Can demonstrate knowledge of successfully managing a team
- Aviation experience preferable
- Cabling and Physical Infrastructure installation
- Preferably has experience of Heathrow and airport equipment, systems, processes, and installation standards
- Preferably has knowledge of network infrastructure
- Preferably has knowledge of MPLS solution roll outs or similar
- Excellent communication skills, both written and spoken, with capability to influence internal and external partners.
- Has a pro-active and collaborative approach to projects. Team work is a key success factor in the Heathrow project.
- Computer literate in terms of presentational skills, spreadsheets and word processing. (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Has the ability to work on multiple projects autonomously
Key Performance Indicators
- Feedback from customers, Project Manager, Service Lines etc.
- Proven track record working with product authority and external vendor support teams.
- Proven track record of problem resolutions.
- Successful solution designs implemented.
- Evidence of sharing and re-use of knowledge.
- Successful definition, implementation and conformance to processes.
- Service level requirements met.
- Response and resolution to escalated issues in a timely manner.
- Problem ownership demonstrated.
- Meets project deadlines and costs within own scope of responsibility.
- Successful track record of leading small projects.
- Successful track record of working with third parties.
- Contribution to product forums and working parties.
- Up to date personal learning plan available.
Additional Skills required:
- Cable installation - Copper & Fibre - Internal & External (incl Pit & Duct)
- Copper terminating and testing
- Fibre terminating and testing
Lorien Plc is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
This job is expired. Please use the search form to find active jobs or submit your resume.