Special Support Assistant - #202375
Blackburn with Darwen Council
St. Silas CE Primary School
St Silas Road
Job Title: Special Support Assistant
Grade/Salary: Grade F Points 17-23 (£24,920-£28,226 per annum full time
salary, actual salary paid pro rata for weeks worked)
Contract Type: Fixed term (while the supported pupil remains on roll and eligible for funding)
Contract Terms: 31.25 hours per week, 8.30am to 3.15pm Monday to Friday, term time only
Closing Date: Friday 20th May at noon
TO APPLY FOR THIS VACANCY PLEASE FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW
Cidari Multi Academy Trust and the Governing Body of St Silas Church of England Primary Academy are seeking to appoint experienced, highly motivated, conscientious & creative SSAs to join our committed & hardworking staff team from September 2022, working with children in Year 1, Year 2, and Year 3. The successful candidates will join us at an exciting time in the life of our school and assist in meeting the personal, social and educational needs of our children.
We have polite, hardworking, wonderful children and committed and supportive staff who work well as a team. Our governors are passionate about education and fully engage in our drive to excellence.
The suitable candidate will:
- work with colleagues to determine the specific learning and physical requirements of individual pupils
- have the essential qualifications and experience as detailed in the person specification, including GCSE English and Maths at grade C or above
- support other staff to ensure educational settings meet the needs of pupils
- have high expectations for children’s learning
- be enthusiastic, energetic, positive and approachable – with a good sense of humour!
- support and develop our aims and ethos built on Christian values
We can offer you:
- a warm welcome from a happy community with a strong Christian ethos
- confident and enthusiastic children who enjoy learning
the active support of parents and governors
- strong links with other local church schools and the local community
- opportunities for professional and personal development
If you believe that you possess the above qualities, we would like to hear from you.
Closing date: Friday 20th May at noon
Visits to the Academy are encouraged and warmly welcomed by appointment through the school office.
For further details and to apply, please visit our careers page - https://cidarieducation.careers.eteach.com/
Cidari Multi Academy Trust is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.This post is exempt from the Rehabilitation of Offenders Act 1974. Any offer of employment will be subject to a satisfactory enhanced DBS check. The check will include any cautions, reprimands or final warnings as well as convictions.
The Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 obliges employers to take reasonable steps to reduce any workplace risks, therefore we encourage all of our employees to be vaccinated to protect themselves and everyone else at the workplace.
Application closing date