Senior Consultant - Cost Assurance - #202374
Turner & Townsend
At Turner & Townsend we’re passionate about making the difference. That means delivering better outcomes for our clients, helping our people to realize their potential, and doing our part to create a prosperous society.
Every day we help our major global clients deliver ambitious and highly technical projects, in over 130 countries worldwide.
Our team is dynamic, innovative and client-focused, supported by an inclusive and fun company culture. Our clients value our proactive approach, depth of expertise, integrity and the quality we deliver. As a result our people get to enjoy working on some of the most exciting projects in the world.
We are currently seeking a personable, enthusiastic, and energetic Senior Consultant to join our specialist Cost Assurance team to assist our continuing growth and make the difference to both our business and our clients.
You will be a Senior Consultant within our UK Infrastructure business working within our specialist Cost Assurance team to help review and scrutinise actual incurred cost and help drive supply chain improvement and efficiency for a range of major programmes and projects. The main purpose of the role is;
- Deliver successful Cost Assurance commissions on behalf of Turner & Townsend
- Work with a diverse team of backgrounds and skillsets, leading and aiding junior members to facilitate their development and growth
- Input into the development of the service line by contributing to bids and business generation
- Take a lead in the ongoing refinement of internal training and product management in relation to the service line
- Review construction contractor systems, controls and processes to provide a view on their ways of working, using intelligence from around the industry to build a view on best practice.
- Analysis and understanding of complex construction contracts. (NEC3/4/ICE Bespoke)
- Performing testing of data and information using smart techniques and tools such as data visualisation and trend / pattern analysis – PowerBi/Tableau
- Production of written findings reports that deliver key findings, recommendations and messages in a succinct and professional manner.
- Review outputs intended for circulation to clients and provide feedback to colleagues, where relevant.
- Fostering good quality working relationships with clients and those being reviewed built around trust and professionalism.
- Engaging with the supply chain to take them on the journey of assurance and encourage collaboration at project/programme level.
Previous experience or a sound and suitable understanding of the following will be a distinct advantage in applying for this role:
- Assurance or audit - in a construction, commercial or accountancy setting
- Construction industry technical matters - such as different procurement routes, disallowed cost areas, target price setting, calculation of pain/gain amounts etc
- Contract Management - NEC3/4 (Option C, E) preferred
- Assessment of accuracy and entitlement to cost
- Change management and forecast control
- Data analysis – ability to review and draw insights from large quantities of data in various formats – PowerBi/Tableau experience preferred
- Report writing – communicating complex messages succinctly to maximise impact in written formats
- People and organisational management – experience of working in a team environment and handling a variable workload through peaks and troughs
- Presentation skills – be a confident speaker who can influence and engage with a multitude of stakeholders
- Professional Scepticism – Can challenge in a professional and constructive way to safeguard the completion of our services, maintaining independence and integrity, ensuring consistent quality.
- Degree qualified (or equivalent) in a relevant subject
- Holds or working towards an appropriate professional body membership or equivalent (i.e. MRICS, ACA, ACCA, CIMA etc.)
Our inspired people share our vision and mission. We provide a great place to work, where each person has the opportunity and voice to affect change.
We want our people to succeed both in work and life. To support this we promote a healthy, productive and flexible working environment that respects work-life balance.
Turner & Townsend is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees and actively encourage applications from all sectors of the community.
Please find out more about us at www.turnerandtownsend.com